Here are some important things to consider before getting a tattoo. They are
- Do not go for a tattoo if you are sick or not feeling well. Wait until you recover completely.
- If you have health conditions such as diabetes, heart problems etc, it would be wise for you to consult your doctor.
- Have enough food and rest. Getting tattooed on an empty stomach may cause you to feel faint, nauseated and dizzy. Eating prior to getting a tattoo re-energizes your body. It puts back nutrients your body has depleted and returns your blood-sugar level back to normal. Having something in your stomach also helps to calm your nerves.
- Don’t take pain killers like aspirin, ibuprofen, and anesthetics, which may cause increased bleeding.
- Do not get tattooed if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It is better if you stop taking drugs and alcohol for a period of time before tattooed.
- Call your local department of health if you are not sure of the age requirement for tattoos.
- Don’t go to the parlor with a mentally mental disturbed state.
- Clear your head and just concentrate on the job at hand. If you are distracted or aggravated it can be picked up on by the artist and may have a negative effect on the outcome of your tattoo.