Baby Footprint Tattoos
These tattoos are mostly sported by parents with newborns in order to make it a memorable moment. Many parents sport baby footprint tattoos on their body to celebrate this overwhelming experience and to feel the touch of their baby. This tattoo may keep you reminded of your first look at your baby forever. This can be done as the footprint of the newborn is taken at the hospital and you can take a copy of it. You can even get a complete pattern along with the ridges as well. The following article explains the details of this tattoo more clearly.
You can sport this baby footprint in a more innovative and personal way. Parents even get the name of their baby either below, above or along the sides of this footprint. You can even banner his/her name along the footprint image. You an even include the time and the date of birth of the child. You can even get a design of a dove printed on the tattoo wishing a peaceful life to the child. Many people get their baby’s feet encased in a heart shaped design. You can even get a number of footprints trailing across their back.
This tattoo can be sported on any part of the body and many of them prefer getting it inked on their wrist, chest, shoulders and back. Getting this tattoo done on the foot is also a great idea. One should also keep the size of the design in mind along with the placement of the tattoo. These tattoos along with the motifs require a large space and people prefer getting them done on their chest or back.
Colors to Be Used
Gray and black are the popular colors usually used for baby footprint tattoos. You can even experiment with different colors apart from the traditional ones. You can explore different colors available like blue and pink in order to distinguish between a boy and a girl.
- It is very important to follow certain after care tips after getting a tattoo done as it is like an open wound.
- Follow the instructions given by the tattoo artist and keep the area bandaged at least for 2 to 4 hours after the procedure.
- Wash the area with warm water after removing the bandage with a mild soap.
- Ask your tattoo artist to recommend a good soap for cleaning.
- Keep the area dry with the help of a towel or a fresh paper and use a cream recommended by the artist.